Great news! The church isn't defined by four walls and the name over the door. The church is defined by Jesus. The church is where believers are. In this new COVID-19 reality we will be standing for hope in Jesus to a watching and wondering world. Particularly in our world. Social distancing doesn't cancel our opportunity to show Jesus through our attitudes and actions in the midst of our families, neighbors, coworkers and community. Jesus made a remarkable statement about the effect of our attitudes and actions when we are walking in step with the Holy Spirit. Matthew 5:16 says..."In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." We are praying our light will shine brightly in the darkness of fear & need.
While nothing can cancel Jesus' Church, our church experience will change beginning Sunday, March 22nd.
We will not be able to gather physically for our Sunday worship. Our federal and state authorities are taking seriously their role to govern justly according to Romans 13 by protecting our communities from the COVID-19 virus.
In light of this new reality, here are steps Lakewood Park leadership is taking to care for our ministry:
- Join us for Sunday service on Facebook (Lakewood Park) or here on our website under watch & listen at 9am
- Please remember that our ministry is continuing through this season and our team is continuing to work. Your faithful giving is greatly needed. You can give on line by clicking here to go to our secure give site or you can mail or drop off your giving to the church office. If you wish to give to the Deacon Fund to help with needs through this season you can give in the same ways listed above. Please mark "Deacon Fund" on your check/envelope if mailing or dropping off.
- Church office hours are M-Th 8-3:30pm. The office will be closed the week of March 23-27th.
- All ministry events & activities have been suspended until further notice (Children's, Youth, Men's, Women's, MOPS)
- We are here for you, please contact our emergency number 260.577.2006 any time you are in need of care or email us at [email protected]